Careers - We're Hiring!
Project Engineer - Open 1/23/2014
EDI seeks a mid-level consulting engineer to join our project delivery teams in either our Atlanta or Denver offices. The location can be determined based upon the candidate’s interests. EDI provides Technology Systems services to a broad market customer base. Our markets include healthcare, data centers, higher education, corporate, and government projects.
The primary job responsibility objective is to assist project managers and principals with the consulting, design and construction management of data/voice/video cabling system infrastructures, physical security systems, audio-visual systems, and relocation services projects. This includes writing specifications and developing budgets for individual projects.
The secondary role is to perform project design solutions and documentation using Revit and AutoCAD.
Details of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Contribute to client satisfaction by understanding the project needs and requirements and develop design solutions that deliver desired results within budget.
- Design efficient and cost effective audio-visual, communications, and security systems, the data/voice/video structured cabling associated with these systems, and prepare specifications and develop accurate budgets.
- Attend project meetings and work in a collaborative, value-based environment with project teams including clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Command a general knowledge of system materials, components, and products
- Perform research and value analysis to formulate the desired requirements and results
Revit and Auto CAD/Design
- Design projects using Revit and AutoCAD to deliver construction and installation drawings and models.
- Apply engineering principals to design and deliver practical methods using fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures
- Coordinate and collaborate, with the project team, on the Revit model working structure and final model outcome
- Develop Revit families and data base manipulation
- Clean -up backgrounds, set-up drawings, and implement mark-ups
Construction and Installation Observations
- Conduct construction walk-throughs to formulate site observation reports, and punch lists.
- Assist the project team to develop strategies, create flowcharts, track details, and produce AutoCAD drawings that ensure efficiency in the planning and execution of integration, move-in activation, and relocation management services.
- Attend seminars, research reference materials, and stay abreast of emerging products and technology to better service our clients and promote EDI
- Continue to enhance your professional development by achieving set goals
Interpersonal Skills and Abilities
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- 2-5 years of similar job description experience with a consulting engineering firm, contractor, or systems integrator
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Desire to seek professional engineering registration, An EIT Certificate is a plus
- RCDD Certification Preferred
- Revit and AutoCAD experience
- Construction, installation, and integration experience is advantageous
- WLAN design modeling and WLAN post installation testing is advantageous
- Other certificates in technical disciplines are advantageous
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
EDI, Ltd. is an award winning healthcare consulting firm based in Atlanta, GA. Founded in 1986, EDI works both regionally and nationally with healthcare and institutional users, architects, construction managers, and IT professionals. Our services currently include design and consulting in the areas of Healthcare, Data Centers, Networks & Communications, Security, Audio-Visual, and Workflow & Process Transformation.
EDI selects engineers with experience designing technology systems for Healthcare, Corporate, Government, and Educational facilities. We typically seek applicants with a minimum 4-year university degree in computer, electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering, physics, or related consulting fields. We encourage certifications such as Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Technology Specialist – Design (CTS-D), Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD), and Information Technology specialties.
Successful EDI Associates:
- Work well in a team environment
- Abide by EDI's Code of Conduct
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Believe in delivering quality services and meeting customer needs
- Are self–motivated and committed to life-long learning
- Believe in the use of technology to deliver superior customer value
- Take responsibility for results
EDI provides a healthy, non-smoking environment.
EDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain policies and practices designed to prevent discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or Vietnam era veteran status, to the extent protected by law.
Send resumes to email@example.com.