EDI is currently seeking a new full time data center program manager. This exciting position requires up to three weeks of travel each month. The role is dedicated to a very large (>300 Mw), state of the art data center build out program. The role is primarily field oriented and for a minimum of one year, possibly up to three years.
Travel is Monday through Friday. Cluster Manager is not required to work weekend shifts and will return home each Friday. The project sites are in IA, OK and SC. When not on site you will work from either our Atlanta or Denver office. We may consider other base locations depending on the candidate.
Cluster Manger will:
Gain a detailed knowledge of the structured cabling (primarily fiber) requirements at the sites
Participate in monthly design and review meetings of contract documents prepared by others and provide input focusing in the following areas:
- Design consistency from site to site Compliance with Owners structured cabling standards and other project requirements
- Implementation of Best Practices into the design drawings and specifications.
Perform the following field management roles and activities:
- Observe the installation of the structured cabling (fiber), grounding, raceways, and server racks for quality, consistency and compliance to the Owner's standards.
- Perform on-site inspections with the Owner's engineering team to demonstrate the Project progress, discuss issues and receive feedback.
- Review construction methods and reports of subcontractors for quality and specification compliance for the following activities: Fiber splicing, Fiber testing, As-built drawings, Fiber raceway installation, and Coordination with other systems i.e. fire alarm, sprinkler, electrical, etc.
Provide weekly reports regarding the following categories:
- Man hour projections
- Issue Resolution
- Quality control
- Team player
- Enjoys learning
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineer or similar relevant technical degree
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in large fiber optic installations and data center environments
- Minimum of 7 years relevant past experience
- Professional engineering registration preferable but not required
$90,000 – $105,000 depending on experience and qualifications plus cell phone allowance and other standard benefits. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Please send resume and qualifications to:
HR@ediltd.com Subject line: Data Center Program Manager
EDI, Ltd. is an award winning consulting firm based in Atlanta, GA. Founded in 1986, EDI works both regionally and nationally with healthcare and institutional users, architects, construction managers, and IT professionals. Our services currently include design and consulting in the areas of Healthcare, Data Centers, Networks & Communications, Security, Audio-Visual, and Workflow & Process Transformation.
EDI selects engineers with experience designing technology systems for Healthcare, Corporate, Government, and Educational facilities. We typically seek applicants with a minimum 4-year university degree in computer, electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering, physics, or related consulting fields. We encourage certifications such as Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Technology Specialist – Design (CTS-D), Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD), and Information Technology specialties.
Successful EDI Associates:
- Work well in a team environment
- Abide by EDI's Code of Conduct
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Believe in delivering quality services and meeting customer needs
- Are self–motivated and committed to life-long learning
- Believe in the use of technology to deliver superior customer value
- Take responsibility for results
EDI provides a healthy, non-smoking environment.
EDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain policies and practices designed to prevent discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or Vietnam era veteran status, to the extent protected by law.
Send resumes to email@example.com.